Glove box concept The glove box is a laboratory equipment that fills the box with high-purity inert gas and circulates and filters out the active substances in it. Also called vacuum glove box, inert gas protection box, etc. The main function is to remove O2, H2O and organic gases. …
It is widely used in ultra-pure environments without water, oxygen and dust, such as: lithium-ion batteries and materials, semiconductors, super capacitors, special lamps, laser welding, brazing, material synthesis, OLED, MOCVD, etc. It also includes biological applications, such as anaerobic bacteria culture, cell hypoxia culture, etc. To
The structure and principle are mainly composed of two parts: the main box and the transition chamber. If users have other special requirements, they can also be designed and manufactured according to their needs.
There are two (or more than two) glove operation interfaces on the main box body, which are distributed on the front side (or front and back sides) of the box body, which enables the operation box to be operated by one (or several) people at the same time, which improves the box body The efficiency of use. In addition, there are observation windows on the front (or front and back) of the box, so that the operator can clearly observe the operation process inside the box, making the operation process intuitively displayed in front of the operator. The valve of the transition chamber has suction and charging nozzles, which can be connected when suction or charging is required. Valves and nozzles are also installed on the main box body, which can be used by users when deflating or inflating the main box body to maintain air pressure balance (the three-way valve between the glove ports can also be used to deflate if necessary). Illumination fluorescent lamps are installed above the front observation window of the main box. The transition chamber is used as the transition space between the main box body and the outside of the box body. It is composed of two sealed doors, two valves and a chamber body. The two doors inside and outside can effectively isolate the main box from the outside world, so that things inside and outside the box can enter and exit when the main box is isolated from the atmosphere, thereby avoiding the trouble of repeatedly vacuuming and inflating the main box. To
Open the packing box in the operation steps of this paragraph, and first check whether the joints on the vacuum glove box are loose during transportation. If there is any looseness, please tighten the corresponding screws, and then you can try to vacuum.
- How to vacuum and inflate:
- This product is divided into two parts: the main box and the transition room. The main box body cannot be evacuated separately, and the transition chamber can be evacuated separately. To
- Open the door inside the transition room first, and then close all the glove interface glands, valves and doors outside the transition room. 3. Open the three-way valve between the glove ports (rotate counterclockwise), connect the space between the glove interface gland and the glove to the box, so that the inside and outside of the glove (box and interface) are simultaneously evacuated and maintained The air pressure is balanced on both sides. To
- Connect the vacuum pump to a valve in the transition chamber, turn on the vacuum pump, and slowly open this valve to pump air to the system (if the valve is opened too fast, it may cause the gloves to expand). To
- When the pointer of the vacuum gauge drops and stabilizes at -0.1MPa, the vacuum is completed. At this time, the valve should be closed first and then the vacuum pump. To
- Then fill the box with inert gas through another valve until the pressure is slightly higher than the atmospheric pressure (barometer index is 0MPa), so that the pressure inside and outside the box is basically balanced, and the inside is slightly higher than the outside, which can ensure the atmosphere Will not penetrate into the inside of the box (if you want to make the gas in the box more pure, it is best to repeat the above pumping and inflation process several times). Turn off the three-way valve connected to the glove interface, open the gland on the glove interface, and you can operate. To
- How to put objects in and out of the main box:
- How to put the object into the main box: when you have completed the above “
(1) After the operation of “vacuuming and inflating”, if you need to put objects into the main box, please close the inner door of the transition room, open the outer door of the transition room, put the objects in, and then close the outer door. The two valves on the transition chamber are used for pumping and inflating. Make sure that the pressure in the main box and the transition chamber is basically balanced with the atmospheric pressure before opening the door inside and taking things into the main box.
- How to take out the objects in the main box: Put the objects in the transition room first, and close the transition room door tightly. If the transition indoor air pressure is basically balanced with the atmospheric pressure, the transition outdoor door can be opened to take out the object. Edit the classification of glove boxes in this paragraph. Glove boxes are also divided into industrial glove boxes and biological glove boxes. To
Basic technical indicators of industrial glove box:
- The water content is less than 1ppm; the oxygen content is less than 1ppm. To
- The transition cabin can withstand: vacuum degree ≥100pa. To
- Airtightness: Leakage rate ≤0.05Vol%/h. General configuration list Box frame tool transition compartment material transition compartment shelf visual panel Glove hole glove power socket lighting system HEPA filter vacuum gauge Pressure gauge foot controller Gas purification system PLC control system Organic gas adsorber vacuum pump Water transmission Sensor oxygen sensor pressure sensor heating system refrigeration system other options
And the specific requirements for water, electricity and gas:
Electricity: 220V is required;
Water: It is necessary to connect ordinary tap water to the cooling water inlet of the purification system, and the valve does not need to be opened for a long time until the water tank is full;
Gas: It is necessary to provide inert gas (N2 or Ar) and mixed gas (N2 or Ar accounted for 90%, H2 accounted for 10%). If there is no such mixed gas, it can also be replaced by a pure gas of N2 or Ar and H2 mixed in proportion.
For Michelo’s glove box, we can do:
The glove box is a closed cycle design, which saves operating costs. Under standard conditions, that is, 20oC constant temperature, one standard atmospheric pressure, 99.999% inert gas source, water and oxygen indicators are less than 1 ppm;
304 stainless steel plates are used for the box body and the large and small transition cabins, and the front window is tempered glass, which is wear-resistant and corrosion-resistant;
Touch screen PLC control, high degree of automation, can realize: automatic control of gas pressure in the box, automatic cleaning of the atmosphere in the box, automatic regeneration of purification materials, automatic recording of system operation data and other operations;
Users can choose various accessories on the standard glove box according to actual needs: water analyzer, oxygen analyzer, solvent adsorber, refrigerator high temperature heating device, laser welding machine, etc.
Glove box catalyst replacement
Glove box Risk Assessment
MBRAUN glovebox manual
MBRAUN catalyst replacement